The position of Account Executive reports to an Account Supervisor or higher level employee. The primary responsibilities are to, in some cases, be a daily liaison between Magrino and client, to implement PR programs and tactics, be a media contact and handle many of the writing tasks for the account.
• Overseeing efforts of the account support team (Intern, AC, SAE, etc.)
• Developing leadership/mentoring skills
• Understanding the focus and needs of the clients; anticipating client needs in advance
• Identifying hot topics for the client and monitoring trends — proactively initiating coverage of them
• Scanning assigned publications daily, clipping pertinent articles and circulating to the team and client
• Understanding clients’ products/positioning
• Initiating, preparing for and attending client meetings
• Writing a variety of materials including timelines, press releases, media alerts, photo captions, client memos, pitch letters, status reports, gossip items, etc.
• Pitching the media without supervision
• Arranging press tours
• Screening media inquiries and arranging interviews
• Calling on and tracking editorial calendars for your clients
• Editing written materials for quality control, attention to detail, etc.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• 1- 2 years minimum experience in public relations
• BA/BS Degree
• Requires strong written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
• Ability to prioritize while simultaneously working on numerous projects
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Detail oriented and results driven
• Ability to spot trends and integrate into PR efforts to keep accounts current in the media