Our world-class portfolio of lifestyle clients — from iconic heritage brands to fast-growing market innovators to leading public companies — demand to have the most creative and strategic Public Relations minds on their business, which is why when it comes to brand and lifestyle Public Relations, they turn to Magrino.
This is your opportunity to work with the world’s most prestigious lifestyle brands. If you’re interested in any of the below positions, please apply through the link within the job description.
Job Title: Account Director
Position Type: Full Time
Travel Required: As Needed
The Account Director reports into the VP of their division. The primary responsibilities of the Account Director are to lead the division and to supervise and implement account work for several clients. The Account Director is responsible for managing and supervising the execution of all aspects of a Public Relations program with the VP and SVP, supervising and managing the client relationship, managing the account team, growing the agency in a new business function, and generating new business leads. The Account Director should demonstrate an expertise to answer all PR questions immediately and unaided, an ability to think ahead for a client and for the business overall.
- Provide senior strategic counsel to clients and account team
- Manage the execution of public relations programs as well as assume direct responsibility for quality of work
- Develop key relationships with media, influencers, and pitch clients in a proactive and ongoing manner
- Anticipate clients’ strategic needs, both long and short term
- Consistently offer value and add counsel
- Plan and run strategic client meetings
- Retain and develop current accounts to increase revenue
- Function as a main contact for client accounts OR Communicate with clients at the senior level to build and maintain relationships.
- Supervise account staff in their daily activities, provide structure and instruction for balancing their workloads
- Motivate, mentor, and guide professional development of staff
- Assume fiscal responsibility for division, accounts, and team
- Actively participate and guide the operations and future course of division and agency
- Working knowledge of social networks and ability to assist clients with developing strategies and monitoring share of voice
Education and Experience Required:
- BA/BS Degree in Public Relations, Communications, or related field
- 6-8 years minimum experience working at a public relations agency focusing on Travel clients
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail oriented and results oriented
- Ability to spot trends and integrate into PR efforts to keep accounts current in the media
Senior Account Director
Job Title: Public Relations Intern
Position Type: Internship
Position Location: New York City
For students interested in careers in public relations.
Internships with Susan Magrino Agency (SMA) are unpaid and entered into only with the approval of your school for the purpose of practical training and for educational credits only.
INTERN WILL LEARN:
The Magrino Public Relations Intern program is designed for individuals considering a career in public relations. Interns are provided a real-life professional experience in which they can learn about public and media relations and gain hands-on knowledge of the basic PR skills and tools.
INTERNS WILL PARTICIPATE IN:
- Draft press releases, media alerts and pitches
- Build media lists
- Conduct select media research and outreach
- Research speaking and award opportunities for clients, and draft proposals
- Participate in brainstorming sessions
- Assist with event preparation and operation
- Provide administrative support as needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Cision experience a plus.
- Self-motivated and takes initiative.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent communication skills.
Previous intern experience especially with a PR agency is a plus.